- Forest School will be on a Tuesday morning from 10.30 to 12.00. Please ensure your child has their wellingtons in school. If you are happy to leave them in school that would be useful as we may occasionally go out at different times. Mrs Wilson is the Forest School leader.
- PE sessions will be on a Wednesday and Thursday. Please make sure they have their kit labeled. Wednesday’s PE session this term will be taken by Mr. Brown our sports coach.
- Miss Turfrey will be teaching the class on a Thursday each week.
- Our topics this term will be “Marvellous Me” and “People who help us” we will also think about Harvest and Christmas.
- The children in Oak class will have no regular set homework, but they will bring home their sound books initially, to read to you, and later reading books. It is very important that you read to your child and talk to them about the books you share together. Ask them questions about the characters e.g. what they might be thinking, feeling. Can they relate the story to another book or something they have experienced themselves? Get them to talk about the pictures and help to improve their vocabulary by extending their sentences.
- There is a box of books in the classroom which the children can choose a book from to take home and share with you.
- Please complete your child’s “Profile” with them by recording their opinions as well as your own. These profiles will be updated at least once a year.